Mounting On the Wall or Ceiling?
You will mount on the drywall above the window opening or above any existing trim. Take into account obstructions around the window such as trim depth, AC units, and window cranks.
Mounting on the Window Trim?
You can mount your blinds to the trim as long as it is flat and meets the minimum requirements for an outside mount.
Mounting on the trim of the window is the easiest route because all you need to collect is the size of the trim dimensions. Also, trim mounted blinds fit the architectural lines of the window and look custom.
Quick Measuring Tips
- Measure the width, height, and depth in 3 places. For width, use the smallest measurement to the nearest 1/8″. For height, use the longest measurement to the nearest 1/8”
- For inside mounts, we will take any necessary deductions for clearance
- For outside mounts, consider adding overlapping width and height to ensure the entire window is covered
- Use a steel tape measure for accuracy
- Measure all windows, even those that appear to be the same width and height
Do not give 16th for measurements.