How To Measure For Roller Shades
- Mounted within the window frame itself
- A clean, uncluttered look
- For mounting depth requirements, refer to our “product details” tab for each product you are ordering
- Step 1: Measure the inside width at the top of the window. Round to the nearest 1/8″. This is your ordering width. (Orderblinds takes necessary deductions.)
- Step 2: Measure the height at 3 places: left side, middle and right side. Round up to the nearest 1/8″. Enter the longest measurement on your worksheet. This is your ordering height.
- Step 3: Measure the depth at 3 places: left side, middle and right side. Mounting surface must be flat in order to attach headrail. Also, obstructions may cause measurements to vary so it is important to keep this in mind while measuring. Round down to the nearest 1/8”. Enter the shortest measurement on your worksheet. This is your ordering depth.
- Note: Roller shade fabrics may be at least 1 3/8″ narrower than your ordering width to allow for the mounting brackets. If this will create too much of a light gap in your window, please consider ordering an outside mount shade.
- Shade is mounted to the wall, ceiling or molding around the window
- Makes window area appear larger; helps hide unattractive windows or molding
- Requires at least 2″ of flat space above window molding for mounting brackets
- Step1: Measure the width of the area you want to cover. Remember that the fabric may be at least 1 3/8″ narrower than the width you order, so we recommend adding at least 3 inches to each side to help eliminate light gaps and ensure privacy. Enter this width on your worksheet; it is your ordering width and the width of the shade.
- Step 2: Measure the height of the area you want to cover including any extra overlap. Enter this height on your worksheet; it is your ordering height and the height of your shade.